The Smith's

The Smith's
The Smith's +Two + One = A Whole Lot of LOVE and FUN!!!!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Today's Appointment







Shannon and I had a doctors appointment today. Two weeks ago we saw our new OB at The Medical College (Dr. Jacobs). We were referred to a high risk doctor for an ultrasound to review the babies as well as my medical records due to the lupus and the fact that we are having twins. We saw Dr. Healthcott. We could immediately tell that he knew what he was doing. As it turns out, he advised us to see a high risk OB as well. We will no longer see Dr. Jacobs but will now see Dr. Holsten. What is really funny is that Dr. Holsten is from the Valley area. She even attended Smallwood. I really think we will like her and I feel 100% better knowing such informed doctors will be overseeing our pregnancy. I loved Dr. Jacobs personality but she was an intern and I feared that she had not dealt with too many high risk pregnancies....the Lord took care of all my worries and changed our path to other sets of hands and eyes. We are now scheduled for Dr. Holsten in 2 weeks, a fetal echo cardiogram on July 8th, and another ultrasound on the 23rd of July. We will also be getting weekly bio-physicals weekly that are similar to stress tests. It was a whirlwind but overall I feel secure knowing they are watching after our Thomas and Madelynn. I feel bad for Shannon as he already has so much on him with work and with us getting a home but he shows complete determination to attend all appointments. He is my strength!

I did get a few pictures so enjoy the profiles of Thomas (first two) and then Madelynn.

No comments: