The Smith's

The Smith's
The Smith's +Two + One = A Whole Lot of LOVE and FUN!!!!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We Are Home

We have finally moved in to our new home in Augusta. We spent the weekend packing and moving. It actually all started on Wednesday with my mom's help. She and I did a lot of the babies things and kitchen. On Thursday, Jackie (Shannon's mom) came over and we continued the packing. Shannon arrived that afternoon and got the rental Uhaul. Stephen (GREAT friend) and Cindy (Shannon's aunt) came over and we loaded. Friday morning we got up and got on the road with our first load. It was a caravan of 3 vehicles. We arrived around 2pm or so and began the process. I had turned on all utilities...however disaster struck with the water. One of the pipes in a guest room was busted and water was everywhere. We were without water for about 2 hours until help arrived. The pipe was repaired and the water removed as best as could be but we were delayed by the process and could not use the room. The room is still drying at this time. We decided to just unload and stack as much as we could in the other guest room (which we do plan to use as storage anyway). We slept on mattresses in Augusta and started all over on Saturday morning. Shannon and Stephen loaded the truck and headed back to Valley for another load. Jackie, Cindy, and I stayed to unpack and set up the kitchen. We got a lot done! Shannon and Stephen encountered an awful wreck on the way back which delayed Shannon an hour and Stephen almost 3 hours. Finally Shannon, Tucker, and Stephen arrived....but it was too late to really do too much. They unloaded the freezer and then called it a night. Sunday morning we awoke early to finish the unloading and to get Stephen on the road.
Every one's help has been wonderful! I don't know what we would have done without each of them. It was a long and hard process.....but we are so happy to be here. The house is really nice and we are making due with the room. It is amazing when you assess your possessions and determine what is actually needed or used. So much is just dragged around and never needed. I feel so blessed to have so much and to have so many people that love us.....what more can you ask for?
My feet swelled quite a bit over the weekend but seem to be going down some. I know I pushed it but not too much.....it is just hard to take a break and rest when you see so much needing to be done! Everyone was really good to me and encouraged me to slow down. I just can't thank them enough!
I will try to get a picture of our new home soon! I hope this finds you all well!
Blessings!
P.S. Our home in Valley is still on the market so please share the blog if you think of someone that might be interested!
http://smithhomeforsale.blogspot.com/

No comments: