The Smith's

The Smith's
The Smith's +Two + One = A Whole Lot of LOVE and FUN!!!!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Latest....

Wow...what a weekend we've had. I was scheduled for 2 doctors appointments on Friday only to make it halfway though one of them. I had a rough night Thursday night and didn't feel too good on Friday. By the time they hooked me up to the monitors at our scheduled appt. I was contracting every 2 minutes. They sent us straight over to the Med. Ctr. only to find ourselves admitted! So...here we are. I was given meds to stop the contractions, IV fluids (it only took 4 tries to get the IV in) and put on a liquid only diet. Finally by Saturday morning, the contractions had slowed to an almost stop and they finally allowed me to eat around noon. Sat. evening I was put into a regular room with only the IV fluids and contraction medicine. Shannon has been with me the whole time. This morning.....the doctor came around and took me off the fluids and gave me the hope that I may be able to go home tomorrow. I can't tell you how badly I am missing my angels. Thank GOD for Shannon. He has been by my side this whole time waiting on my every desire. He has the house cam going so I can watch Thomas and Maddy at anytime. I am soooo blessed with such a talented husband but also such a strong and supportive husband. My mom is staying with the angels and Shannon's mom and aunt and family are there offering all the support they can give. Thomas and Maddy have not had to miss a scheduled beat! It is so awesome to be here in Columbus and see them via the camera. For example, last night Thomas and Maddy had their Nana and Poppy along with Cindy and Nonnie to play and then see them to bed. How blessed are we all! Please say lots of prayers for our little Morgan that she will at least hold on 2 more weeks....that I can go home to my angels...that they will continue to be happy and not realize that I am away...and that Shannon will be able to get his work done as needed as well as be able to be the tower of strength he is for me and our family. We have been soooo blessed thus far and praying for further blessings and God's hand on our family! I will keep you posted! Shannon did get some pics of the angels last night in their Halloween overalls but I don't have them yet....I was so sad I missed it and also the time change. My poor mama is having to deal with that but I know they will adjust over time. I can't say enough about the comfort you feel having your mama to fall into your footsteps! Shannon and I feel so blessed by all of our family and all the love and support they offer! I just can't express enough how thankful I am!!!!!

3 comments:

Anna said...

i am so glad that your mama is there! mine was there for addie too when i was so sick. i dont think i would have been able to make it w/o knowing that! since then shes been here almost every day/night to help us. so thankful! praying for you and sweet baby morgan to hold on! let God be your strength and know that He's got it all under control! please keep us updated! much love and hugs!

Mrs. B said...

hey there, just dropping over from the mulitples and more blog. so glad that you have awesome family support! you also have my prayers, God bless!

Heather said...

I am praying for you guys... Hang in there Wonder Woman!