The Smith's

The Smith's
The Smith's +Two + One = A Whole Lot of LOVE and FUN!!!!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Shower Weekend





This weekend was an absolute joy. Shannon and I left with Tucker, headed for Eufaula. Shannon was to get in quality "cabin" time with Tucker and I was to spend time with my mom and attend two showers that were hosted for Thomas and Madelynn. The weekend was a blur as it all passed too quickly. On Saturday morning, my cousin Steph, Grandmama, Nanee (Aunt Sharon), Aunt Beth and LaraLea, hosted a shower. It was a total family shower. We had family join us from as far as North Carolina. It was an absolute joy to reunite with everyone as well as celebrate Thomas and Maddy on the way! We got wonderful gifts to add to the babies nursery as well as a generous gift card to Babies R Us! Thank you to all my family...it feels so good to know that we have your love and support!

On Saturday afternoon, mom and I headed to Mrs. Karen's home. She is a long time friend of my mom and has always been a huge support of me as I venture through life. Mrs. Karen, Mrs. Sharon (one of mama's best friends), Mrs. Lee, and Mrs. Betty hosted a beautiful shower for Thomas and Madelynn. It was a wonderful event as friends came from distances, as well as from close to home. Kathryn drove in from Bham, Melanie from Americus, and Mrs. Vickie from Newnan. Mrs. Sharon's girls drove in as well....Carly from Memphis and Sunny from Bham. I truly enjoyed seeing faces that I have not seen in years. We all laughed, shared stories, and caught up on each other's lives. We got wonderful gifts to add to the nursery. We received Bumbos, a bathtub, Diaper Champ, our two high chairs, clothes, decorative items, toys, and more. It is amazing how blessed we are to have such generous and supportive friends and family. Thank you to all those who love and support us and gave such wonderful gifts to help us prepare for our little angels!!

Hope you enjoy the pics!


No comments: