The Smith's

The Smith's
The Smith's +Two + One = A Whole Lot of LOVE and FUN!!!!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

This Weekend



Wow....what a great weekend we had! Shannon was beside himself getting to eat
Buffalo Wild Wings two nights in a row....it didn't turn out so well for me though. My ankles swelled from eating too many boneless wings...but seeing Shannon so happy made it worth it (I guess:-)
While Shannon had meetings in West Point on Friday, I drove up and visited my friends at Rosemont. I truly do miss the school and all the teachers and staff I worked with. Rosemont is such a special place filled with special friends that are like family. I bet I received over 100 hugs while there! It was a joy to see so many smiling and familiar faces!
On Saturday I went to have lunch with Mama, Grandmama, Mamaw, Jeremy, Lacy, Ella, and the princess Emma. Emma will turn 7 on Wednesday! I can't even believe it. I love my time with them all but absolutely cherish the moments I get with Emma. I teased her saying that I wish UPS could overnight her to my house! I think she actually considered it!
On Saturday evening, we enjoyed a wonderful cookout-baby shower with our friends. Trina and Stephen Green as well as Laurie and Jason Osborne hosted. What a wonderful treat it was. We had several couples that mean a lot to Shannon and I attend and we all enjoyed the great food that was prepared. Stephen, Shannon and Jason manned the grill cooking up POUNDS of chicken while Laurie and Trina prepared yummies like mac and cheese and baked beans, and different dips with chips and fruit. There was also an adorable pink and blue cake that looked a lot like a quilt. I am so thankful to all that attended and the sweet gifts we received. We have been so blessed by all our friends and can't wait to introduce everyone to Thomas and Madelynn. I want to especially thank the Green's and Osbornes' again for everything!!! Also...an extra thank you to Stephen and Trina for a wonderful stay! We feel more like family than friends and it means so much that you always open your home to us! Love you!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Those pictures of the babies are so cute!! I hope everything is still going good!! Keep in touch!!
Heather