The Smith's

The Smith's
The Smith's +Two + One = A Whole Lot of LOVE and FUN!!!!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Baby genes....

Shannon

Kelli

Take a look at this! Is it not just too cute for words. This is a picture of Shannon at 6 weeks and a picture of me at 6 weeks. Thomas is Shannon's spitting image and Maddy is mine! Is that not amazing....God is so good! Thank you mom and Grandmother Smith for sharing the pics!!! Though the babies look so much like each of us....they do share characteristics from both Shannon and I. Thomas has my dimple, Maddy has Shannon's chin, they both have my long skinny toes and feet and also my long second toe, and Thomas has his daddy's strong arms and broad chest! It is just too much fun seeing different characteristics each day....I see them growing more and more into their little unique selves.

Update on Doctors Appointment:
We had another appointment today to check Thomas' billirubin for jaundice and Maddy's weight. Maddy's weight stayed the same which is good....it would have been better had it gone up , but at least there was no decline. Thomas' weight also stayed the same. We are really getting more comfortable with feedings so hopefully we are on the incline now. We do go back Wednesday for another weight check and also a jaundice test. Thomas has just a hint of jaundice and the doctor just wants to see it level off and no more increase in billirubin levels. Mama is here so we kept him in the sunlight some today to help. I will be glad when the tests are good....it tears Shannon and I up to see the prick and the nurse squeezing his heel so hard. Say a prayer for an all good on Wed! Other than that...things are great! They are nursing better and sleeping better at night! It is so much fun to just sit and watch them! I am in awe at how healthy they are and also how beautiful they are! Blessings to you all!!!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Oh my goodess! Maddy REALLY is a spitting image of you! I also see how Thomas looks like his Daddy. How neat!!!!!!!! I'm SO excited for yall!!!!!