The Smith's

The Smith's
The Smith's +Two + One = A Whole Lot of LOVE and FUN!!!!

Monday, May 18, 2009

This Week

We have a busy week ahead and I am requesting your prayers. Thomas has his eye doctor's appointment Tuesday. This is just to check and see if he has the hereditary "lazy eye" that his daddy and granddaddy and so forth have had. Again, this is only a check....just to be on the safe side. There is a lot that can be done if the doctors do see a problem. Thomas also has his first of 2 appointments with the Speech Therapist on Thursday. This appointment will consist of the Barium Swallow Test to determine if there is a problem with his swallow that is adding to all of his trouble with eating. He continues to struggle with solids and only wants the jarred baby pears, prunes, applesauce, etc. Maddy on the other hand is eating up a storm (she evens sneaks and gets things off my plate). I try so hard not to compare the two but it is hard not to....especially in the area of food! You would just think that my "boy" would want to move on and eat!!!! After all....he is a Jones/Smith. I will keep you all posted but your added prayers are much appreciated!!! God Bless!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I will be thinking about Thomas tomorrow and Friday!! Let me know how it goes!!

Kristi said...

I am praying for your little man, and the stress his appointments have on momma. My girls had the barium swallow study and actually have dysphagia, which is why we have to thicken all liquids. That is partially our problem with table food as well, but also the lack of chewing which is a developmental delay. I hope you get some answers with his eating problem.

Nana said...

Calling all "PRAYER WARRIORS"...please pray with us.